Monday, June 6, 2016

Reinventing the Wheel 2

Since most of this summer's blockbusters are sequels or reboots I thought I'd get in on the fun and update the last post . I'm looking forward to Ben Hur...this is the story's 4th remake. I saw the the 1959 classic on a two story high drive in screen...that's why they called them epics.

Anyway... This time I painted in the center of our "color pick" to suggest all the lower chroma hues and where they would appear.


It's not geeky science-y perfect but it's not way off either. It's mixed on the fly from the palette, just as you would in a painting. That was the point of the redo: create a color wheel that corresponds to the actual act of painting   In the second image I've superimposed two strips of mixed color to show they plot pretty true.

The vertical one is ultramarine + cadmium yellow pale. The diagonal one is ultramarine + cadmium red

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this. I like the neutrals but I need to work on them more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete